Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Shooting, Driving

One of the best places to be is in my car, by myself, driving country roads and shooting photographs along the way. Many of these farms and fields are as familiar to me as breath. I've driven past them my whole life. It pains me when they are sold or any part of them is taken away. Once a piece of land is built-upon or paved over, it never goes back. If you love earth and sky and some measure of peace, then you know how I feel. These are all shot in Lancaster County, PA, generally in the northern and western part of the county and most of them from behind the wheel.
Mt. Joy Road

Mt. Joy Road

Mt. Joy Road

Rock Point Road

Rock Point Road

Off Donegal Spring Rd. near the Sweigart Farm

Off Donegal Springs Road, near the Sweigart Farm
The above shots taken with a Hipstamatic. Olympus pix coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment